14 Jan 2020

How to learn better

Do you know we remember just 10% of what we read, so you might ask what’s the point of reading anyway if you aren’t going to remember?!
I’ll be sharing some ways you can maximize and remember the information you get in a book.


  1. After you’re done reading, you can use the table of content to ask yourself questions to ensure you really got the most out of the book. You can use the title of the chapter or the subsections within the book. Remember how in class you remember easily questions you or someone else asked better than the lecture itself, the same principle applies here!
  2. Every book has a message, and for most books especially best selling books they’ve either done a Tedx talk, podcast, a summary etc on the book. Searching for this on the internet to ensure you got the core message of the book helps.
  3. Teach someone what you learnt either online or offline. They say when you teach someone you learn twice!
  4. Most authors always have either a summary or action plan at the end of each chapter. Don’t procrastinate, take action immediately! Meditate on the summary of the chapter if there’s one.
I hope this helps!
Let me know in the comment below what you would like me to write about in my next post.
Follow us on Ig @myqarabookclub
Remember it’s important to take action immediately!😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never Have I Ever

I’m going to confess, it’s been a long while I came here and personally, I don’t feel good about it; so, to pacify everyone, I decided to co...